City Funds use place-based grants to support activities and organisations that contribute to our four funding priority areas.
Our grant-making programme
- Our grant-making programme is administered through Quartet Community Foundation which has a proven-track record in successfully inspiring philanthropy in the West for the last 32 years.
- We aim to support the small, local organisations that offer vital, life-changing services to some of our most disadvantaged communities in Bristol.
- Our role is to ensure that new funds are raised and allocated to local organisations. We can help navigate what can often be a complicated and confusing process and make best use of the funds we provide.
- Applications are assessed by a panel of independent members from the four funding priority areas: No Child Goes Hungry, Community Initiatives, Economic Inclusion and Environmental Transformation.
- Each City Funds grant programme has a specific focus, target, eligibility criteria.
- The grant application process is designed to be transparent, inclusive and collaborative.
Our £10 million investment fund is designed to strengthen organisations aiming to solve some of the biggest problems facing our city
Our Impact Investment Fund is designed to advance the ambitions of organisations building positive impact in Bristol. But more than that, we want to partner with you to create this impact. From application to approval to post-investment support, our goal is to help you bring your ambition to life.
Finance that works for you
City Funds can invest from £50,000 to £1 million with flexible terms that support social or environmental aims. We’re actively seeking opportunities to invest in organisations that support these aims, through our investment advisor Bristol & Bath Regional Capital (BBRC).