The City Funds pro bono service directly connects Bristol’s businesses with the city’s voluntary sector organisations to share skills, resources and develop mutually beneficial relationships.
The service is provided in response to the growing momentum of local businesses wanting to engage with their local communities in meaningful ways by sharing their skills and resources with the voluntary sector and is delivered in partnership with Quartet Community Foundation & Voscur
It enables businesses to deliver strategic community engagement and make a tangible impact within Bristol.
How it works
- Through its connections and partners, the brokerage offers business a concise understanding of Bristol’s charities, opportunities and challenges within the voluntary sector. It provides an initial consultation to understand how your business operates and explore the business case for engaging with its local communities.
- The business can access a broad range of flexible opportunities to share pro bono skills & resources to support local charities. It can then identify any opportunities which resonate with the businesses aims, values and capacity.
- The brokerage can facilitate connections with one or more of these charities at any given time, help to organise & tailor the delivery, monitoring and measurement of any activities it chooses to explore.
- These can range for example from a 30min zoom call to provide a charity with a business viewpoint on a specific issue, through to providing, HR, IT, legal, building, financial, creative & web design, business planning and mentoring support.
Benefits to the business
- Developing local insights and strong knowledge of the local communities where your businesses operates
- Increasing employee engagement & loyalty
- Developing talent & leadership succession
- Bringing innovation and knowledge into the business
- Building trust & increasing positive brand presence
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with local voluntary organisations
- Reaching new networks across different sectors and exposure to new opportunities
- Providing collaborative opportunities to work with your supply chains
- Measure & Demonstrate social value
Bristol City Funds
The Pro bono brokerage is one element of the broader Bristol City Funds initiative which is working to transform Bristol by funding solutions that target the causes and effects of inequality. A partnership between Quartet Community Foundation, Bristol & Bath Regional Capital & Bristol City Council, City Funds uses its £10 million investment funds, grants, and non-monetary support to strengthen organisations solving some of the biggest challenges facing Bristol.