Seeking provider of support to VCSE sector organisations applying to City Funds
Available funding for the duration of the contract, likely to 2022, is £50,000 inclusive of VAT and all reasonable expenses.
Bristol’s City Funds is a new way for the people of Bristol to come together to bring new funding into Bristol and help solve the biggest problems facing our communities. Too many people here do not benefit from the city’s economic and environmental wealth, so we’re using donations and social investment to address big issues facing people in Bristol, making permanent, sustainable changes.
Thanks to the generosity of Bristol Community Health, City Funds will soon be running the Bristol Community Health – Health and Wellbeing grant funding programme. This programme offers funding to organisations in the health and wellbeing sector. As part of this programme, we will be offering direct support to organisations to develop their ideas and make applications for funding. We are seeking a partner organisation to deliver this support.
Direct support will involve providing potential applicant organisations with help to review their current situation, work out the step change they might want to make and what they might need, and help them to work up a funding bid to the grant programme to deliver on their ideas.
To apply you/your organisation should have:
• Skills, confidence and experience in brokering or providing support to individuals or organisations
• Skills, confidence and experience in business planning or finance management
• A track record of developing and delivering successful funding proposals
• Commitment and enthusiasm for working collaboratively and valuing all contributions
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and trust with a wide range of people
• A creative and flexible approach which allows ample scope for responding to information and themes as they emerge
• Sound experience or knowledge of the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector – particularly the health and wellbeing sector – and the current challenges and opportunities in the Bristol area.
Please read the full brief before submitting your proposal: Read the full brief here
City Funds is a collaboration between Bristol City Council, Quartet Community Foundation and Bristol & Bath Regional Capital. The work of the partner organisation will be supported and managed by Quartet Community Foundation on behalf of City Funds.
How to apply
Written proposals are invited from interested consultants or organisations. The proposal should cover:
1. Evidence of your understanding of the overall task and approach
2. A detailed description of how you would deliver this work
3. The skills and experience you would bring to this piece of work and the reasons why you are interested in doing it
4. A budget breakdown
5. The names and contact details of two referees
Please send your completed proposal to Lucy Gilbert, Head of Policy, at email@example.com
If you have questions, want to discuss your ideas or would like an alternative way to submit your proposal, feel free to email or call Lucy on 0117 989 7710 or 07788 214667.
Deadline for receipt of proposals: 12 noon, Thursday 6 August 2020.
Interview dates tbc